Following government’s announcements, we are very excited to now announce we’re open again, It is a little later than originally planned and we have contacted all customers who had already booked their appointment and those have now been rescheduled. If you’ve missed the email or call please contact our team and we’ll get you booked back in at the earliest convenience.
Our shop will be open by appointment only and we have introduced lots of measures to make sure that your appointment is both safe and fun!
We will share lots of detailed information with brides at the time of booking and answer any questions that you might have, but to give you some reassurance here is some further information on what to expect in terms of both fun part and the safety part of your appointment:
Here are a few new steps we’ve taken.
1. Risk Assessment
We have carried out a thorough risk assessment and have invested heavily in fabulous new up to date equipment and technology to make our boutique a safer place to enjoy your dress buying experience. Ask about our Zoom Mirror.
2. Handwashing and surface cleaning
We are providing hand sanitising facilties at the entrance and exit points of the boutique and shall be deep cleaning the boutique in between every appointment. Face masks and disposable gloves will be readily available if required.
3. New Technology
This is the BIG one ladies!!!, we are now implementing a fabulous new video conferencing system to allow our brides to connect with all her friends and family during her appointment. This means absolutely no-one needs to miss out on your special moment as you say YES to the dress!
4. Changing Rooms
Usually, the team would help you into your dress. For now, we will be kindly asking that your ‘plus one’ assists you in the changing room and then we can assist you after. We will of course help as much as we can, from a distance
Now here’s the really important part before your visit to us, if you or any of your guests are ill, please do not attend. We will reserve the right to ask you to leave if you display symptoms of cough, cold or fever.
– Our shop will be open by appointment only and appointments will take place at a time that we can guarantee you a private fitting room, you won’t be sharing fitting rooms with anyone during your visit. Please arrive to your appointment no time, not early or late, we may be prepping the boutique for you if your early and may not be able to answer the door which will be locked, if you’re too late it may not leave enough time for you to have your appointment and the team prepare for our next bride. Our appointments have been shortened to allow time to make the boutique safe again.
– To ensure that we can maintain social distancing you can bring 1 guest to your appointment (2 guests from the 4th of July) and so the rest of the bridal party don’t have to miss out as they can join us on a video call via a zoom link we can sent prior to the appointment starting.
– There will be hand sanitising facilities on hand and we will also have masks available to be used whilst consultant (if required) is helping you into the gowns. In the interim period we would ask your guest to assist you with getting in and out of gowns.
– The shop will be cleaned and all dresses that have been tried on will be steamed and disinfected between each appointment to ensure that we are all as safe as possible.
– Our consultant will be on hand to guide you through the appointment and make sure that you have all the help and support you need to find your perfect dress and we will have lots of fun in the process.
Bridal fitting appointments with the seamstress
By the nature of the bridal fitting, the seamstress has to be in a close proximity to the bride in order to carry out her work for a long period of time and we feel that this falls into stage three of government’s plan for reopening businesses. As such the earliest we will be able to start fitting appointments as it stands at the moment is 4th July.
We want to make sure that this is still a lovely and most importantly a really safe experience for our brides and the seamstress, so all future fittings will take place on specific days which may change each week to allow social distancing rules to be adhered to and ensure the shop isn’t busy with other appointments. As an extra precaution, face masks will be available to be worn by both the bride and the seamstress during the fitting.
We know how important the fitting appointments are for our brides and often they need advice and opinion from someone close to them, so you can still share your experience with one guest during the fitting.
There are many lovely brides out there who are still planning to go ahead with their weddings, and we are prioritising our workload to ensure that we can get dresses ready for everyone in time for their wedding. Everything is in hand and if your special day is going ahead, we will make sure that you have your beautiful dress just perfect and ready in time!
As always, we are only an e-mail or a Facebook message away, so please do not hesitate to get in touch with us if you have any questions!
The Scarlet Poppy Team x